Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Site Loads in FF, not in Edge or Chrome - My PC Only  (Read 54904 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Site Loads in FF, not in Edge or Chrome - My PC Only
« on: April 26, 2022, 12:32:51 AM »
I have clean installs of Chrome on my Win 10 PC and my wife's. Both are MSFT Surfaces - hers a 3, mine a 5.

There are some websites that load just fine on Firefox, but time out in Edge and Chrome - comes back with "Check Firewall or Proxy". They load just fine in Chrome on my wife's PC.

Clean installs of Chrome in both. All Histories and Cookies have been cleared on mine. This is happening in reg and Incognito modes.

Any suggestions?
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Site Loads in FF, not in Edge or Chrome - My PC Only
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2022, 01:24:56 PM »
Create a new user on the system and see if that new user account has the same issues.

I've seen before a corrupt user profile cause weirdness like this with one browser fine and others messed up.

If this solves your problem you can then move to using the new user profile and data will still be accessible to the old profile -or- you can copy it from old to new user data location.

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2022, 03:06:06 PM »
Do you mean a new user profile for Chrome? Or for Windows? :'(
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2022, 02:21:36 PM »
sorry for long delay in getting back to you... meant user profile for windows as sometimes they can get corrupt and mess with browser and system behavior.