Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Teracopy  (Read 26253 times)

oliviana

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Teracopy
    « on: May 16, 2022, 05:43:02 AM »
    Is there a feature to limit the copying speed in TeraCopy? because uploading our files with Teracopy takes most of the bandwidth and this affects our network speed for the other users!!

nil

• Global Moderator

• Intermediate
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Teracopy
      « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2022, 05:55:56 AM »
      I don't think TeraCopy offers a rate limiting option. But you might want to look at NetLimiter: https://www.netlimiter.com/
      Do not communicate by sharing memory; instead, share memory by communicating.

--Effective Go

FAmi

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2022, 05:59:58 AM »
        No, TeraCopy does not has this feature, it has been designed having no restrictions in terms of the speed. It will always try to copy files with maximum speed and efficiency. . However, this speed is greatly influenced by the disc activity present in the moment when you copy a large number of files.
        On the other hand, this option is available in Gs Richcopy 360 which I used recently, it has an efficient built-in option to set the speed to whatever you want when you need to transfer to local drives, servers, or clouds.
        Good luck

oliviana

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 06:13:49 AM »
          Excellent, Gs Richcopy 360 is a straightforward suggestion for my case, my next step is to email them to get a free unlimited trial if available  :)

SamyBo

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 02:51:14 AM »
            Teracopy will not do that, and there are many alternatives that can limit the transfer speed like Duplicati, SyncThing, and Gs Richcopy360 which you mentioned!
            Now, did Gs Richcopy respond to you?

oliviana

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 06:45:59 AM »
              Teracopy will not do that, and there are many alternatives that can limit the transfer speed like Duplicati, SyncThing, and Gs Richcopy360 which you mentioned!
              Now, did Gs Richcopy respond to you?
              yes , they responded to me and already provided me with a free unlimited trial (3 weeks) - Gs Richcopy 360 Standard .
              It works very well with me

SamyBo

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 07:32:32 AM »
                Great :) :)