Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot completely remove Google account from my PC  (Read 27718 times)

stevekay83

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Cannot completely remove Google account from my PC
    « on: June 23, 2022, 04:18:24 PM »
    I have a MSI Laptop running Windows 10, and for some reason, I am still seeing my wife's gmail account as the default every time I need to verify my google account on the Verify It's You Google pop-up page (before I bought her her own computer, she was using mine). I have gone into Settings/Accounts/Email & accounts and deleted the account there. I've also uninstalled Google Chrome, which my wife used with her Google account logged in. But when I need to verify my Google account for anything, and the Verify It's You screen pops up, my wife's email is the default. I'm not sure what else to do to get rid of my wife's account on my PC. Any help is much appreciated!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Cannot completely remove Google account from my PC
    « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 01:42:05 PM »
    Create a new user profile on the computer and the problem will be gone in that new profile is the easiest solution to not see that again as long as she doesnt use your computer with the new profile logged on.