Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Google chrome give me a cert invalid authority error, I cant update windows  (Read 41582 times)

shashgo

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Google chrome gives me an error.  Your connection is not private ERR_CERT_INVALID.

This happens only on some websites like cnn.com or microsoft.com.  And others like youtube.com work fine

Also, Im not able to update windows,  I get the 80072EFE error. 

How do I fix these issues

I have a windows 7 OS.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Is the time and date correct on the PC ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Hackoo

Hopeful
    • Experience: Expert
    Please check if your system date and time is accurate or not, because this error occurs when a failed CMOS battery will cause the following problems:
    • The computer will give an incorrect date and time.
    • BIOS passwords will be reset.
    • Some drivers may be missing or may not work properly.
    • The computer will throw a boot error.
    • You may not be able to visit certain websites or access services due to the wrong date and time.
    • You may hear a constant beeping sound, indicating a low or dead CMOS battery.
    • Sometimes, computer peripherals like the keyboard or mouse fail or malfunction when the CMOS battery is dead.
    • The Hard Solution is to replace your CMOS battery
    • The Soft Solution is to install NetTime
    NetTime is a Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP) client for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10 and Server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
    (32 bit and 64 bit operating systems are both supported)

Novel8

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      I just went ahead to do the reliable System restore and all is well again. Does Network time overshadows removing the cmos battery. BTW, my date and time was working just fine. It seemed that the download folder was listed as a shortcut.
      Thank all