Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: !!the parameter is incorrect!!  (Read 5151 times)

livinirie84

!!the parameter is incorrect!!
« on: February 19, 2006, 09:36:35 PM »
I had a problem when trying to copy some mixed files from a DVD (D:) to my computer (C:). It was working fine when i moved the first few files. I got all the word documents and half of my music files but something strange happened while i was transfering. The disk drive got 'stuck' or something. It continued to make noise even when no work was being done and i couldnt eject it. I eventually had to restart the computer to get it to stop. When i went back to what i was doing, none of my files would copy (move) over. It kept saying "cannot read from the source file or disk" or "the parameter is incorrect" This repeated for all of the rest of my music files and all of my picture files. I am not sure if this means something happened to the disk while i was using it or if there was an error on it before i got it but i thought maybe it was worth a shot to ask. Give me a holler if you have any advice for me. I might just need to make another copy of the DVD.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2006, 09:37:13 PM by livinirie84 »

GX1_Man

Re: !!the parameter is incorrect!!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 06:20:32 AM »
Look what I found on google in < 5 secconds:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=the+parameter+is+incorrect&btnG=Search

<---------------

Mr_President

The parameter is incorrect!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 01:24:05 AM »
Look what I found on Google in < 5 seconds.

T-Chai

Re: !!the parameter is incorrect!!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 01:05:22 AM »
 :-?