Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Office - Reload?  (Read 34328 times)

bravedan

Topic Starter

Rookie

MS Office - Reload?
    « on: April 06, 2023, 03:42:06 AM »
    I have had a boot SSD fail on one of my laptops, taking my complete onboard MS Office Home&Student 2019 suite bought with the computer, with it.

SO, now it has a new empty SSD apart from Windows 11 (11 now, was 10 before the failure).

Any way to get the suite re-installed?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: MS Office - Reload?
    « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 05:21:18 AM »

bravedan

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 07:31:40 AM »
      Thanks.

Tried that but my account states no devices found and while its offering the free 365 online, download is asking for payment.

I don't seem able to access the pre-crash One Drive to regain files from there, either.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 09:11:52 AM »
      Assuming you are a student or educator, you can download and use for free: download msoffice student version

If not and you want to use the home version, there is a fee of $100/year. I don't see how you could have been using it up to now without a valid Microsoft account showing your status. The only other option I have for you is to contact Microsoft directly.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 05:43:14 PM »
      Hi
      When you received the computer there should have been licence card for office 2019. Also the Licence could be available if you uploaded it to a Microsoft  account. If you log into the account the licence key will show and have a setup link.
      You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan