Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Macruim Reflect denies my restoring  (Read 31919 times)

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Macruim Reflect denies my restoring
    « on: May 04, 2023, 06:50:16 AM »
    I have made a backup of very important files to an external HD with Macrium Reflect. For personal reasons I did not restore that backup, plus the fact that i misplaced my HD. When i did find it, I went to restore it and MAcruim said that it was past the 30 days free trial period. It was the version 8, which i thought it had no limitations, but obviously I was wrong. Does anyone know how i can get to restore this MRIMG folder? I did a search and found nothing.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Macruim Reflect denies my restoring
    « Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 04:22:06 PM »
    You can download and make up recovery media for the latest version. Which has a 30 day trial.
    This will allow you to access the files.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan

Novel8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: June 07, 2023, 06:09:04 AM »
      OK, I got the 30 day trial bit.....could someone tell me how to start recovering the folder? I know I have to plug in the external hd that has the info, but i do not know or see an area where it tells me to choose a restore. Unfortunately, instructions do not come with a free download.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
      • My first real computer
        • Yes
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: June 07, 2023, 10:42:44 PM »
      Hi

Is it possible there is no backup folder on the external drive. You could check from within windows that there is a backup folder and at least 3 files in the backup folder. There should be at least 1 large file which contains the backup.

If you search "macrium reflect restore use recovery media"
      You can watch youtube videos or tutorials on using the recovery media 

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
      ― John Bunyan