Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What's Up With YouTube?  (Read 27298 times)

MichaelNyby

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Familiar
    What's Up With YouTube?
    « on: May 06, 2023, 01:16:59 AM »
    I just had my first look in many, many months at what I thought was the Google's YouTube Help Community and it seems that there are new rules about posting and that there are supposed to be a few months since mid-March when the whole site is some kind of locked down, and I am just not getting it. It seems to still be sort of locked down, or something. I mean, it seems the only new posts are employees. Maybe some of those Product Experts.

Now I fully realize I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but something seems wrong.

I'm just wondering if anyone in this community has any thoughts about any of these observations I am outlining here.

Oh yes, and it seemed that "sort of lock down" (restricted posting) is only related to their English language community.

Would appreciate any feedback/thoughts anyone might have. Even if it is just that I am off my rocker.

MichaelNyby

Topic Starter

Beginner
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: What's Up With YouTube?
      « Reply #1 on: May 06, 2023, 05:50:08 AM »
      And after some hardcore search using Yahoo, Bing, and Google I am finding very, very few results that specifically relate to the Google company having basically shut down the YouTube Help Community on their server.

I remember when Google first started. I was part of a feedback program for the "new" Gmail. Was offered money from people for those invites for Gmail.

I was part of the group that worked with Google docs, or some such name (I don't remember the proper name) but it was dumped after some years.

I was one of those that thought we were going to be able to trust that company to live up to that thing they wrote about not doing bad stuff.

But the situation has really gone off the active, in my view. The bird never rotated. The landing gears collapsed. The bird is off in the field.

And now I am finding out their help community in English for one of their very important products/services/whatever it's called is shut down.

And I am guessing that the responses from a majority of Net Citizens will be if I don't like it, walk. Go to another service of a similar style.

I am really not getting this new style of thinking by Net Citizens that we are just toys for the rich folks to manipulate. That style of thinking is slowly gaining ground and is the majority thinking. The kings/queens rule and any complaining means the complainer is some sort of Net malcontent, or whatever that vocabulary is. What in the world did I help create that is handed over to my daughter and son?

I suppose all Net Citizens have every right to call me one stupid jerk for even thinking anything new was going to come of this Net.

They just shut down the community help forum and they also can control any search results of anyone asking why. I'm in my 70s folks, so you can guess that to me there is some strange thinking going on about freedoms I thought we had earned. I sure have that wrong, don't I? Yep, stupid jerk Michael!