Hardware > Hardware

Blank display screen.

(1/1)

michael432000:
Hi all.

Everything was working fine for several years. Now, first thing in the cold morning everything boots up fine but the screen is blank. If I turn the monitor off and then on again I get a 1 second glimpse of my desktop before it disappears again. I have to unplug all the peripherals before booting to finally get it working. Later in the day after use it starts first time no problem. Is it likely the PSU? You can get them from ebay for £20. Fast start disabled and monitor power cable changed; that’s the extent of my knowledge.

HP 8200 Elite CMT PC i7-2600 3.40GHz 32GB DDR3 1TB HDD 256GB SSD WIN 10

Thank you.

Allan:
Have you tried a different display to rule that in / out? Also, make sure all connections between the display and the computer are solid.

michael432000:
Hi Allan. Haven’t been able to try a different display yet as I don’t have access to one. All connections are good. Like I said, after continually shutting down and rebooting and fiddling around disconnecting peripherals it eventually all works fine. It’s only when the computer has been shut down for an extended period of time that I have the problem. Like it needs to get warmed up or something. Currently taking six or seven attempts before display finally comes on and then all is fine.

Allan:
The first troubleshooting step is to try a different display. sorry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version