Hardware > Hardware

Non SMART TV search

(1/2) > >>

Janis:
Has anyone come across a NON smart TV for sale?    I have a blind person who can not use a smart Tv and uses the keys on his special  remote,  So far I have not found one on Amazon, etc

Geek-9pm:
Maybe I can help. I have very low vision and use TV sets. What I do not understand is a blind person using any TV set. Please clarify.

Most TV remotes use infrared t controllers.  Universal remotes can be programmed to some TV sets.  MON smart TV sets in the low cost grapple mad have very simple controls. Some are 32 inch. I use  two 32 inch TV sets amd a Windows 10 mini PC.

But what does a blind person so wioth aTV set?  ???

Janis:
At  95  plus years,  I have no plan to insist he try something new.   The Tv in his room is not dependable but he is comfortable with the remote.

Janis:
To listen makes up for the lack of sight

Geek-9pm:
I understand. I am 8 5 and have poor vision. Trying anything new is a big hurdle.
Some websites stream news and programs from TV networks,  some free.

Here is a web site that might help you...
https://www.afb.org/blog/entry/your-tv-can-talk

--- Quote ---Did you know that your TV can talk to you? No, I am not talking about the characters in the shows and commercials. I am talking about powerful screen reader technology that allows a person who is blind to access and use all the onscreen programming and features available on today’s TV systems. Screen readers are built into nearly all of today’s Smart televisions, cable and satellite broadcast systems, as well as streaming systems like Apple TV, ChromeCast, and Roku.
--- End quote ---
:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version