Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Changes in the registry  (Read 2663 times)

knut

Changes in the registry
« on: February 22, 2006, 03:28:09 AM »
When I start my computer I get the message that bfsend.exe cannot be found. I find no bfsend.exe in Win.ini and if I search for bfsend.exe, the file is not found. When I run regedit.exe and search for bfsend.exe it is listed.

Can I remove bfsend.exe from the registry without danger?
If so, how do I remove it?

GX1_Man

Re: Changes in the registry
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 05:54:59 AM »
What kind of computer, what operating system, etc. please.   Is this on a network? When did this start? Etc.  Is this an old machine that was ever on a Lantastic network?:-?

knut

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 07:58:52 AM »
My PC is a Fujitsu Siemens. XP Home. It is not on a network. The problem started after I had uninstalled a fax program(Cheyenne Bitware) that did not work properly. The machine is a little less than 3 years old and it has never been on a Lantastic network.

You probably understand that I am no expert and if you can help me with this you risk to get more cries for help in the future! Thank you very much so far!

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2006, 08:03:37 AM »
My PC is a Fujitsu Siemens. XP Home. It is not on a network. The problem started after I had uninstalled a fax program(Cheyenne Bitware) that did not work properly. The machine is a little less than 3 years old and it has never been on a Lantastic network.

I would just delete the file then. You may want to set a restore point before doing so just in case, but I predict no problems. (That file is sometimes seen with LANtastic Network products, is why I asked by the way.) In this case I suspect it was caused by the BitFax Send portion of that program (bfsend, get it?).  Be sure and post back the results of the exercise.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/systemrestore.mspx

You probably understand that I am no expert and if you can help me with this you risk to get more cries for help in the future! Thank you very much so far!

We're not scared of that here and are pretty nice folks. ;)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2006, 08:05:50 AM by GX1_Man »

knut

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2006, 11:56:46 AM »
You are right!
I have removed BFSEND.EXE in the registry and there are no more problems.
I agree, you are clever, nice folks.
Thank you very much.

Best regards
Knut

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2006, 03:53:43 PM »
Come back any time. We'll leave the light on.