Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: server 2003  (Read 11105 times)

epasho

server 2003
« on: March 01, 2006, 10:31:29 PM »
Hi,

I am trying to install server 2003 on the same HD with XP Pro, I am using partition magic 8.0. to partition , I am not planning to use it as server , its just for school purposes so I dont want to get read of XP pro. when I install windows 2003 , I get a mssg right after it copies the installation files. ntoskrnl.exe is missing, I fixed that but now I get hal.dll is missing! I copied the file but still the same, Another thing that I dont get is the boot.ini file has the path for windows server like this: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /noexecute=optout /fastdetect. after I get rid of the noexecute=output still wont continue the installation.

any ideas?

thanks

Peccavi

Adviser

• Hope Helps!
    Re: server 2003
    « Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 02:14:02 AM »
    Partition Magic can cause problems. I have talked about it eralier and have some friend experienced it. Ok, after creating a partition with Partition Magic put the CD into CD ROM and make a clear format of the partition created by Partition Magic. Then try clean install of 2003.
    Computer Hope: Rise of the Machines!

epasho

Re: server 2003
    « Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 04:23:19 PM »
    I tried that too , but the same :(

thanks anayways