Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer "died"  (Read 5120 times)

Jeeo

Computer "died"
« on: March 26, 2004, 09:01:32 PM »
Hey, I recently disconnected all the cables in my computer, and reconnected them. I also removed the fan and the CPU, but also put them back, in the correct positions. Now when ever I try to turn my computer on, all that happens is the power light goes on and a beep on two and a half second intervals. I disconnected and reconnected the memory too. There is no response on the screen, it just stays as if you turned it on without turning on the computer. The monitor plug is in, and I've tested it on another computer, and it works fine. All that's plugged in is the mouse, keyboard, monitor and power plug. The computer basically acts "dead". What's wrong with it? Is there anything I can do? Or have I totally destroyed a good computer??

Thanks in advance,
JEEO

Doomsday_J

Re: Computer "died"
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »
Make sure you put the memory back in correctly. Double check the cpu as well. You may have bent a pin.

MetalMilitia

Re: Computer "died"
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 09:25:14 AM »
Check out the computer hope 'beep codes' section. This should tell you whats wrong. Sounds to me like a memory problem, but depending on you motherboard maunfacturer/bios the codes could be for somthing else.