Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: psw.bispy.d  (Read 5211 times)

freshouttatime

psw.bispy.d
« on: August 18, 2004, 11:58:58 AM »
hi,
I have this AVG Antivirus software that i'm running, and for the last couple of days i keep getting a message that there's a trojan horse PSW.Bispy.D found in

System Volume Information\_restore{blah blah blah here}

So i go and run the Antivirus software and nothing comes up.
I then try accessing the System Volume Information folder and it keeps telling me access denied. Is there something screwy with my Antivirus software?

Raptor

Re: psw.bispy.d
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 01:01:56 PM »
Perhaps it comes into conflict because Windows does not allow you to access that folder, and thus it warns you that a folder is passworded .

You can stop the folder from showing by tagging it in Tools - Folder Options - Display - Hide Secured Operating System folders (Recommended)

This may cause your virus scanner to ignore the file.

These translation may not be 100% correct, I run a localized version.

freshouttatime

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 10:11:53 AM »
thanx man,
i tried that but it didn't work. i ended up installing the new version of adaware and that found it and removed it.

I have one more question, it regards something i found in my startup tab on the system configuration deal...

its LTMSG

whut in the heck is it?

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 12:30:06 PM »
If is not something you recognize, I suggest you do a Google search or have Adaware run at startup, perhaps it can filter it out.

Adwatch is also a good idea to see if it attempts to make changes to the registry.

merlin_2

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 06:39:31 PM »
if its this> .Ltsmmsg leave it ....this belongs to your lucent modem..it will not work without it...