Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't see web page background  (Read 5149 times)

Wings

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Can't see web page background
    « on: March 08, 2006, 11:56:59 PM »
    My niece gets only white or gray on web page backgrounds no matter what's there. Colored Pictures and material put ON the web page work fine, but a background picture and colors won't show. Also, all the print comes up black, even when at a page with colored fonts.

I was unable to locate anything from the browser that would help. She's running windows XP.

Thanks in advance.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Can't see web page background
      « Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 01:47:32 AM »
      Wings...... Is this something that has just started or has it always been like that?
      Have you gone into the control panel and checked the display settings?

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Wings

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
        « Reply #2 on: March 09, 2006, 01:54:31 AM »
        Almost exactly my question to her. The answer was she didn't think it had always been that way, but it had been that way for so long she couldn't really remember.

Nothing I did in control panel had any effect. No, don't remember what all I did now.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2006, 02:07:33 AM »
           Wings... Do you know what resolution her monitor is set to ?  Is it possible to have her post a screen print of say this post  for us to see ?

dl65  ::)
          If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Fed

• Sage
            • Experience: Experienced
            « Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 04:12:51 AM »
            Try IE>Tools>Internet Options>General>Accessibilty> Untick the boxes and see if that helps.

jassy369

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 02:47:29 PM »
            I am SO glad that I found this link, if only because it lets me know that I am not the only one that has had this issue. Unfortunately, NOTHING is fixing this issue for me. I've had this problem for 3-4 weeks now and I have NO IDEA what else I can do. I've checked display options, accessibility options are all disabled... I'm REALLY LOST!!! I'm beginning to wonder if this has to do with a visual studio or something... i've played around with my options so much over the last month that I've gone to <censored> and back... even tried so much that i accidentally locked my display resolution on lowest color quality... thankfully i was able to fix it BACK to where I could get higher resolutions, but so far there is NOTHING that i've done that has allowed my backgrounds to come back. the funny thing is, is that my windows desktop background picture is just fine. it's ONLY the backgrounds to windows... both active & inactive... ANY help would be GREATLY appreciated!!! i've been so dedicated to solving this issue that my hubby thinks that I have changed professions & have started working full-time on repairing computers!!! HA HA if only it provided health benefits!!! HA HA
            Alright... so my computer: Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 3 - and no... this problem was not evident when i installed SP3... everything was still working great long after i installed SP3.
            I forgot to add that I switched to IE 8 without any problems as well.