Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Memory error  (Read 1890 times)

phokur

Memory error
« on: March 14, 2006, 09:19:15 PM »
I keep loading this certain game and I get the memory error 0x00441f2c at 0x0000000c. I have reinstalled the program multiple times. I have two 512 sticks of ram. I tried each stick of ram in each slot individually. Every time I got the same ram error. Any idea how to fix this? Is it just a glitch in Windows?

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Memory error
    « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 09:57:12 PM »
    Try testing your ram. http://www.memtest.org/
    Ckeck the game website for fixes & patches.

phokur

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 11:16:16 PM »
    I've run memory tests before but I ran the newest version on the site you gave me. The test is looped soI let it run and it told me that I passed. So the memory doesn't seem to be bad. Plus by removing the sticks and testing each one individually in each slot while still getting the exact same memory error, it should mean my memory is fine. Thanks for the reply though! Anybody else know? Scott

realrox

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 10:04:21 AM »
    you might have a failing power supply. i started getting memory errors too. i didn't know it was the power suppply causing it until i replaced video card, memory chip(one chip went bad probably from a surge) mb & cpu. the power supply up & died on the first boot after installing mb & cpu.

phokur

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 02:33:30 PM »
    Well did you get the same memory error just for that one program? It's weird, I can reinstall and play it maybe once or twice, but then I get the error and I won't stop getting them until I reinstall again. Any other ideas?

phokur

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 05:24:40 PM »
    FIXED! I was getting the error message because I had windows error reports disabled. To get the program to run without error reports, I had to go into C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts and manually enter where the program is supposed to connect.