Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Downloads, streams, network shares ALL STOP!!  (Read 4393 times)

l3igh3d

Downloads, streams, network shares ALL STOP!!
« on: March 26, 2006, 04:24:01 AM »
ok I got this comp from a friend who bought a new comp and didnt need the old one. I want to use it as network storage but its having trouble taking in incoming traffic (from internet and from networked computers) When i try to download files (like windows updates) from the internet they stop in the middle, sometimes after a few MB sometimes after a few kb.  When I try to open files from the other computers on the network they either dont open or in the case of music they stop playing in the middle of the song.  Im able to easily browse the other computers on the network from the troubled computer and browse the troubled computer from the other computers (all the shared stuff) I can also use other computers to open the files on the troubled computer. Also each computer is able to ping all the other computers (with large packets 65500 bytes and large counts)

So basiclly the troubled computer can send things out just fine, but when it comes to incoming stuff all *censored* breaks loose

troubled computer - new hdd with new install of windows 2000 sp4
windows 2000 sp4
netgear fa310-tx network card
intel celeron 1GHz
512 mb pc????
mobo - ????

other comps:
windows xp sp2
windows me

l3igh3d

Re: Downloads, streams, network shares ALL STOP!!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 04:25:27 AM »
Forgot one thing

on the troubled computer used a 4.2 GB western digital HDD to install the OS
after all is working right will add a couple 300GB HDD's