Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System recovered from a serious error  (Read 8215 times)

-aCe-

System recovered from a serious error
« on: March 26, 2006, 09:05:26 AM »
Hi guys,
     I'm a newbie here... My name is aCe... I've been having problems with my pc lately and im glad i found this site...

My computer restarts without any warning and after the reset it would flash a message: "The system recovered from a serious error"  "a log of this error has been created"  and the error signature is "BCCode : d1     BCP1 : 81800000     BCP2 : 00000002     BCP3 : 00000000 BCP4 : F96AC0C1     OSVer : 5_1_2600     SP : 0_0     Product : 256_1    "

I already tried to reinstall windows XP, I also tried to remove my CDROM and uninstalled all the drivers but still the problem persists.  :-? :-? :-?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 09:21:40 AM by -aCe- »

GX1_Man

Re: System recovered from a serious error
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 03:57:32 PM »
Check your RAM (free download at www.memtest86.com)

Check your hard drive (free download at the manufacturer's web site)

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1122425778

Are you the only one with access to this machine? Any monkeying around inside the case or with the BIOS? What went wrong that you needed to reformat? Did you try with an XP CD or some kind of restore disk?

-aCe-

Re: System recovered from a serious error
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 07:11:50 PM »
I installed a newly bought DVD Rom, so I now have a CD writer and a DVD rom then I noticed that my computer keeps on restarting after this, so I tried to uninstall several drivers but still the problem is there, I even tried to remove both CD and DVD rom.  I thought that a virus might have infected my PC so I decided to reformat and used an XP CD for this.  I am the only one using my PC and I havent touched the BIOS.

I'll check on the links you posted. thanks GX1_man.