Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Send  To  (Read 4486 times)

needafix

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
    Send  To
    « on: March 27, 2006, 01:14:22 AM »
    How do i add a new location to the send to command so that i can get a new folder on my desktop and placed a new folder in the send to folder on my hard drive ?  I want to use send to to send something from my docs to another folder on the desktop by right clicking on it and i can t remember how - make is simple - thanks

James2

Re: Send  To
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 02:45:55 AM »
    First bring up the hidden files & folders, either in control panel/folder options/view/show hidden files, or in the tools button (tool bar). Then open the documents & settings folder (My computer/C:/), find the Send To folder, open it & add a new folder & rename it. This works on 2000, & should be the same for XP.
     Another trick you can do is to go to the My Docs folder, highlight (single-clik) the folder or file you want to move, then click on the edit button in the toolbar, go down to either copy to folder or move to folder from the drop down list & it will bring up a window for you to pick what folder you want to copy/move to.

needafix

Topic Starter

Greenhorn
      « Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 03:03:06 AM »
      James2 - sorry just tryed that and it doesn t work , i seem to recall something being dragged and its was tricky to do an y v easy to forget - bye for now . . .

James2

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 03:20:44 AM »
      Sorry, guess I don't remember too good either, but the second option should have worked, does on mine.
       As far as drag & drop I believe both folders have to be in the same window?

Backdated

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 11:15:03 AM »
      Simply placing a shortcut in the C:\Documents and Settings\Username\SendTo folder should suffice.
      Better still, copy the following exactly and paste it into Notepad. Save the file as copymove.reg on your desktop. Double click it and select yes at the warning prompt.

Code: [Select]
      Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Copy To]
      @="{C2FBB630-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AllFilesystemObjects\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Move To]
      @="{C2FBB631-2971-11D1-A18C-00C04FD75D13}"

This will add "Copy To" and "Move To" functions to the right click context menu.