Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Wireless Router  (Read 2045 times)

rikita

Wireless Router
« on: April 01, 2006, 10:32:59 PM »
I am not very technical but this is what I am trying to do.  I hope someone can help.  We have 2 computers one is desktop and the other is laptop.  I want to be able to use the laptop without wires in another room and have both computers using the same dsl.  I installed net gear on both computers and another gadget  i think ubs port or something like that on the back of laptop something the salesperson said we needed if we wanted to have a wireless laptop  The desktop is working fine with the wireless router  When i go to the wizard on the laptop i get stuck on network name (do not know what to put in there) and the laptop keep looking for a phone number.   help my q probably sounds dumb but it is the only way i can explain lol help anyone please....

GX1_Man

Re: Wireless Router
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 06:17:27 AM »
How about giving us the operating systems for both computers, and the names of the adapters, etc. you are using. (They are printed on all the "gadgets".) It makes it a lot easier than guessing.

Also have a look here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=how+to+set+up+home+network