Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sims help!  (Read 8574 times)

rosa_chinesis

Sims help!
« on: April 03, 2006, 07:15:39 PM »
i have had the sims double deluxe (without the house party installed cos i cant find the code) and have the sims hot date, on holiday and unleashed installed aswell and it was working fine, then i got bought another copy of house party and after i installed this and completed the installation with unleashed it doesnt work, it loads up the into video and all the other info then as soon as it gets to the map it closes itself. i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but still not working. i even borrowed another version of the sims to check if it was any of my discs but its still doing the same thing. it doesnt show any error messages. does anyone have any ideas?

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Sims help!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 07:23:08 PM »
This is probably becuase you installed House Party AFTER the more recent expansion packs. You see, there is a special order that you MUST install them in if you want this to work. Here is the order: The Sims (original version)/Deluxe Edition, Livin' Large, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed, Superstar, Makin' Magic. I know you don't have some of these expansion packs, but that is the order that they all need. If you don't have one of the packs, just skip over it and go to the next one that you have. Sadly, the only way to fix the issue you have to to uninstall the game, and install the packs as I listed above. If you want to keep your families, I suggest teleporting them to the Sims website. You can download them once you get reinstalled. If you have any further questions, let me know  ;)

Flame

rosa_chinesis

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:24:08 PM »
well if i do try to reinstall it even with just the sims on its own it still doesnt work

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 07:28:16 PM »
And when you say it doesn't work, how so? Black screen?

Flame

rosa_chinesis

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 07:29:36 PM »
it loads up then once it gets to the map it just goes back to my desktop no error message no anything at all its like its just closed itself

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 07:31:26 PM »
Ok, so you're experiencing a game crash. Did you uninstall ALL old Sims files off the computer before reinstalling? Have you checked the EA Games support knowledge base?

Flame

rosa_chinesis

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 07:42:03 PM »
yep i uninstalled all the old files and after another few attempts at getting it going i deleted all the folders with my family data in it to see if it would help, which it didnt. i just checked on the support data base and found something that sounds the same but i will need to try it tomorrow as i need to get to sleep so i can get up for work but i will write back to let you know if it works, heres the link:

https://eauk.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eauk.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=8ZiUe84i&p_lva=&p_faqid=866&p_created=1041609513&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTY0JnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPTIzOCZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMj01MCZwX2NhdF9sdmwxPX5hbnl_JnBfY2F0X2x2bDI9fmFueX4mcF9wYWdlPTI*&p_li=

cheers for the help anyway  ;D

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 03:13:20 PM »
I think the link you gave me is somewhat off... I selected all of that text and went to it, and it gave me something about Omaha Beach...  :-/  

Flame

rosa_chinesis

« Last Edit: April 05, 2006, 05:49:15 AM by rosa_chinesis »

rosa_chinesis

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 06:52:15 AM »
ok iv tried both of the solutions in the ea games site and i couldnt get either working

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 05:55:30 PM »
Have you contacted EA yourself?

Flame

Soviet_Genius

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 06:57:55 PM »

sir_pimperlot

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2006, 05:15:44 AM »
i have a simlier problem but i hav all the expantions as recently got the complete colection but when i injstal triple deluxe and house party, hot date , on hols it crashes at map screen but wqhen i instal unleashed aswel it runs ok until i want to go down town etc then it freezes completly and i have to reset my pc. just wondered if anyone could help.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2006, 07:49:07 AM »
It would be easier to make your own topic, however, let's see what we can do. Have you tried following the steps listed above?

Flame

sir_pimperlot

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2006, 12:29:24 PM »
yes and contacted ea neither was of any help iv uninstalled the games and run the cleaner prog aswel as tried to close so called background tasks but stil have problems