Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: high ping on Counter Strike  (Read 6359 times)

Sylent

high ping on Counter Strike
« on: April 04, 2006, 08:28:57 PM »
I have a Qwest DSL connection and when i play counterstrike:Source my ping is around 30-60, however, when my friend who lives just a few streets away makes a game my ping goes up to like 120. Is there anyway to get it down by messing with the config.cfg  or by messing with my network places or anything? thanks

steelegbr

Re: high ping on Counter Strike
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 02:35:41 PM »
High ping tends to be down to your DSL provider and to the best of my knowledge there is not much you can do about it.

You say is about 30-60, is that for a big server?

R0SS

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 08:01:47 AM »
It all depends on what time you are online how many people are online with your ISP, How many people are int he server your playing in, Where the server is in the world ,What you have running in the back ground.

There's nothing much you can do.

R0SS

chriscool9

Apprentice

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 02:40:10 AM »
    From what i can gather your saying that your friend makes a server on his computer. If this is correct then your ping is BOUND to go up really high, un less they are have super computer. For a good low ping game you need a server that is in you country and isnt a "Dedicated" Server which runs on someones computer.
    Hope this helps
    C}{r1$

99 Problems and London's one of them

Diablo735

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 10:52:38 PM »
    shut down any unnessicary programs in the backround. It frees up the cpu, page memory, etc.
    This might help you, it helped me.

gamemar

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 09:36:56 PM »
    yea chris cool9 is right just search for a emty server and both of you jump in and play with normal ping

lil_falco

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 10:21:08 AM »
    KK

Go to options - Keyboard - advanced - enable developers console

Enter a server

type "CL_Cmdrate 5" and press enter

then

type "Restrictconsolecommands 1"
                   ^^^^ - just type restrict and it should pop up in a box you can click

Cmdrate drops your ping like a mofo to like 7 and restrict... well it restricts any commands a server might give you so you cant be kicked.