Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Maxtor One Touch II  (Read 7030 times)

Ionman

Maxtor One Touch II
« on: April 05, 2006, 07:23:39 AM »
I use Mac OS 10.3. The Maxtor is normally connected by firewire. I took it to work and connected it to a PC to copy across my Outlook personal folders. The PC recognized I had a device connected via USB but wouldn't show the hd icon n the desktop. I decided I would need to reconfigure the Maxtor hd as a PC/MAC drive for both to recognise it. When I connected it back up to the Mac, switched it on, there is nothing. I check in System Profiler and there is nothing connected by firewire. I tried connecting via USB but the Maxtor wasn't recognised there either. What can I do? I haven't reconfigured it yet as I can't see it. ::)

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Maxtor One Touch II
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 12:16:07 AM »
Computer Hope is not a great place to find Mac help.
Do any error messages come up while connecting to either computer?
Are the drivers installed on the Mac (or the control program)?
Oh, and PC's are not like Macs. When you connect a device via USB like a disk drive or a flash drive, it does not appear on the desktop. Look under "My Computer", located on either your desktop or start menu. There should be a list of drives. Find your removable drive in that list.