Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ntuser.dat file and backdoor spyware?  (Read 38701 times)

skidrowgirl

ntuser.dat file and backdoor spyware?
« on: April 06, 2006, 07:27:05 PM »
Hello. I am operating on a 2001 Dell Dimension 2300 with Windows XP installed.
Even with my knowledge of computers somewhat, I still manage to experience problems daily. I surf the web using AOL 9.0 Optimized on a dial up connection  (I know, bad move). I have Spybot S&D, Ad-aware,Spyware Blaster,AVG anti virus, Hijack This,CW Shredder,and Zone Alarm free firewall.
I recently decided to open up my ntuser.dat file which is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.  
I had reason to suspect something might have been installed without my permission, while surfing the internet. Someone had told me to look there first.

My ntuser.dat file reads:

"regf     ¥HêfQÆ                     d   s e t t i n g s \ a l l   u s e r s \ n t u s e r . d a t           Backdoor:Win32/Spyboter.DI                                          Backdoor:Win32/Spyboter.DI                                          Backdoor:Win32/Spyboter.DJ                                          Backdoor:Win32/Spyboter.DJ                                          Backdoor:Win32/Spyboter.DK                                          Backdoor:Win32/Spyboter.DL                      q†š?          

What does this mean? Would spyware be listed in this file with the NAME "spyboter"? Could a programmer be this stupid?
Could it be something to do with Spybot and its protection?
Please help. This bugs me.