Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help w/ Averatec Notebook and Asus CD/DVD RW  (Read 8495 times)

SCORPIO1973

Need help w/ Averatec Notebook and Asus CD/DVD RW
« on: April 13, 2006, 02:50:31 AM »
I have Avertec Notebook Series 3200. I have tried to connect external Asus CD/DVD RW to my notebook via USB port. When I opened device manager, windows recognized it, but it had yellow exclamation mark on it. I got folowing message: ''This device is not configured correctly (Code 1). To update the drivers for this device, click Update Driver". Tried to update driver from the CD that i got with my CD/DVD RW and from the notebook (because I have copied all the files from driver CD to the notebook), wizard opened and said PLEASE WAIT WHILE WIZARD INSTALLS THE SOFTWARE. This took forever, almost whole day, bot it was never finished. I unistalled it from device manager, rebooted the machine, tried another option such as "ADD HARDWARE", wizard opened and same thing happened. Also, soon as I connect this CD/DVD RW to my notebook, the whole windows works slower. Is this normal?? Is this something to do with my BIOS, because when my original internal DVD RW broke, I am affraid that the person that was trying to fix it, disabled it in my BIOS?? If that's the case, how will I enable it in BIOS?? When I opened BIOS I did not see that option. Please, help!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2006, 07:15:31 AM by SCORPIO1973 »