Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: START UP NOISE  (Read 3933 times)

jps64

START UP NOISE
« on: March 30, 2004, 01:25:06 AM »
Booting up my computer, it makes  a "loud" winding noise. No knocks or extra noise etc. but sometimes "huffs" until everything gets loaded upon my desktop. Then the computer's "effort" stops and reaches its equilibrium and works normal.   ???

P.S. I have an Authentic  AMD Duron processor (700mH) and Maxtor hard drive if this matters

Doomsday_J

Re: START UP NOISE
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 07:33:06 PM »
Open up your computer case, start up your computer and try to pinpoint where it is coming from. It could be the fan on your CPU or the Fan on your Video card.  It could be your Hard drive.

jps64

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 10:40:29 AM »
A month ago I changed my CPU fan and that didn't fix the problem, and a couple of weeks ago I went to the Maxtor website to do a diagnostic check on my hard drive and I had a difficult time complteing this due to issues with my floppy drive.  In the mean time how do I check my video card because something tells me this may the cause. ???

bri

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 01:22:23 PM »
To test your vid card  etc you need aida32 a software progam>http://www.aida32.hu/aida32.php or you can test you vid card just type dxdiag in the run box..bri