Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Home networking  (Read 3167 times)

387USA69

Home networking
« on: April 29, 2006, 09:15:43 PM »
I have wired networked my two computers. I'm able to talk from one computer to the other. I'm having problems talking to the other. I keep getting the messsage "Not acessible- You might not have premission to use this network resource. Contact administrator". "Not enough server storage is available to process this command" What does not  enough server storage mean?? Can anyone help/ Thank you  :-/

KJD

Re: Home networking
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 05:48:07 AM »
Hey that's the same problem I've got. See thread under computer hardware called "Why won't it work?". I thought it may have been a hardware problem but am now fairly sure it's not. I still can't get things working. Post your operating system details etc, and any other relevant details and hopefully someone will have an answer for both of us.

387USA69

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 03:51:13 PM »
Both computes are XP, one is home addition I got back in 2002 and the other is Media addition I just got. I can't seem to talk to the older home addition for some reason. Both have plenty of speed and memory. Storage should not be a problem but I can't figure why it would want to store anything. Everything is already stored some where?? Thanks for the reply. :)

KJD

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 12:54:15 AM »
G,day
There is another thread happening in Computer Hardware now - see "2 Computer Networking". Go down to where Rob Pomeroy comments and go from there. I've managed to get my 2 computers talking to each other but I'm not sure what I did. I was checking all the settings and properties, clicking here and there and away it went?? Sorry I didn't take more notice. I think, but I'm not sure, it was to do with automatically obtaining an IP address.
Regards, KJD