Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is This a Flaw in Kerio?  (Read 8226 times)

rjbinney

Topic Starter

Adviser
  • Disarmingly Good-looking
  • Experience: Familiar
Is This a Flaw in Kerio?
« on: May 03, 2006, 08:54:28 AM »
I ask, because I don't know - but it seemed odd.

As regular readers of my posts - and I'm sure I have legions of fans - know, I have recently removed all Norton products from my machines and installed Kerio's firewall.

On one of my PC's, I just added Kerio yesterday - so she's not fully "trained", as it were.

So I was logging into that PC remotely today - using LogMeIn (almost as good as GoToMyPC, but free). And, of course, Kerio wanted to protect the PC from the remote attack.

But it had already ALLOWED the login - so all I had to do remotely was click on the PC's "Permit" button, and it allowed me to continue unfettered.

Now, I had already been through three levels of password protection as part of LogMeIn, so I'm not horribly concerned, but shouldn't Kerio have absolutely denied me all access?

Or am I misunderstanding all of the nitty-gritty of a firewall?
Dan: You're gonna need to get someone to fix my computer.                     Kim: What's wrong with it?                     Dan: It's in several pieces on my floor.