Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problems with Outlook sending/receiving  (Read 6987 times)

bokchoy

Problems with Outlook sending/receiving
« on: May 23, 2006, 01:32:17 PM »
I recently downloaded all of my emails from my webmail to save in Outlook 2003.
I downloaded several accounts from the same server - most by IMAP, but the primary/default address by POP3.

Most of them downloaded okay. But when I try to download some IMAP folders or send via POP3, both seem to have problems connecting/staying connected to the server.
Nothing is wrong with my internet connection, and it only works some of the time, so I am confused.
what could the problem be? might it have anything to do with firewall or blocking of ports? but this shouldn't happen if the firewall is off, right???

also, when i downloaded all of my primary account's emails via POP3, and I must have had the option to "delete messages from the server" selected. so it downloaded everything in my inbox, and now there is nothing on the server - so all my folders are gone, although i didn't get a chance to download them by IMAP. this is probably a long shot, but is there ANY chance these could ever be recovered???

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Problems with Outlook sending/receiving
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 03:24:54 PM »
    bokchoy......
    also, when i downloaded all of my primary account's emails via POP3, and I must have had the option to "delete messages from the server" selected. so it downloaded everything in my inbox, and now there is nothing on the server - so all my folders are gone, although i didn't get a chance to download them by IMAP. this is probably a long shot, but is there ANY chance these could ever be recovered???

They are gone if you said "delete from the server"

RE...  the first issue , Is this the first time this has occurred ?
    Have you contacted your server ?
    Have you confirmed that your Email account set ups are correct ?
    Your Internet may be working , but that has nothing to do with your Email service ...other than you must be connected .

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.