Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: System Administrator  (Read 11911 times)

WallyLes

System Administrator
« on: August 28, 2004, 09:59:43 AM »
I tried to install Norton Ghost to my HD but received the following dialog box --- "The System Administrator has set policies to prevent this installation".
I am tne administrator for this computer.
How do I reset the policy settings? I've scoured Google and KB search without success. I have reskit installed on my HD.  Can anyone offer asuggestion. Thank you.

keithy397

Re: System Administrator
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 10:31:32 AM »
Hi,

I'm sys adm on my system but always log on as a user, are you actually logging on as the sys adm?

WallyLes

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 01:39:15 PM »
Hi,keithy 397
Sorry, I made a mistake. i'm not the administrator of this Win98 computer. I was thinking about a previous WinXP I owned.
How do I find and change the Administrators data. After paying for the Ghost program  I can't install it. Very frustrating.

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 02:01:45 PM »
have you tried install norton ghost via safe mode f8 on boot?  and do you user wally?my guess is you are try to image the disk?

WallyLes

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 04:22:04 PM »
Merlin 2
I tried to install Ghost via safe mode, however in safe mode the CD-Rom drive is not available so I have no way to use the installation disk.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 12:54:31 AM »
my last reply wally i meant users <admin>....to access cdrom in safe mode have a look here>http://www.newlogic.co.uk/tips.htm#cdromsafe