Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Nero just goes round and round, won't Start.  (Read 2647 times)

springbok

Nero just goes round and round, won't Start.
« on: May 15, 2006, 02:12:45 AM »
I run Win XP Home, version 2002 SP2

PC has AMD Sempron 3000+ 1.8GHz, 512 ram

Is fitted with 1 TSSTcorp DVD-ROM (TS-H352A)

I recently started having problems with Nero StartSmart. I used it just a few days ago to transfer some date files to DVD and it worked fine.
Later, and for the first time, I used ULeads MyDVD to produce a playable dvd of film clips. This program produces dvd's that have clickable icons for each film clip etc. etc. and can be played on virtually all dvd drives.
Since then, when I open Nero and select Data I get the usual compatibility notice and when I click that it closes and Nero re-opens with the same screen again, instead of the "drag and drop" menu screen for adding files.
Did I explain that clearly? I've been struggling with the thing for hours and my head is a bit fraggled!  What I mean is that Nero is going round and round, the main screen first, compatibility notice next, main screen again.

I have Nero (I think version 6) on CD, so used it to re-install in case of a lost dll. etc. Nero is now called Nero StartSmart - but it still won't start!   [smiley=cry.gif]

All help, comments and advice is welcome, and appreciated too.  [smiley=smiley.gif]
Springbok

GX1_Man

Re: Nero just goes round and round, won't Start.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 04:16:26 AM »
What if you just uninstall, reboot and reinstall the Nero software?

springbok

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 05:14:28 AM »
I tried that GX1_Man, and also tried using Nero to burn a CD rather than a DVD. It just repeats in the same way.

I also downloaded a prog today called CDBurnerXP from MajorGeeks (freeware) but that reported an error too when I clicked 'Burn'. The gist of the error message is -
Error 339
Description: Component 'cyoPrBr1.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.
End of error message.

Sounds like a different error, I'm now wondering if there could be something wrong in the DVD rom settings! Or anything!

Thanks for your interest.  :)

infoseeker

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 08:19:39 PM »
maybe try to bring your burner in repair shop
maybe thats the problem, because you said your getting same problem in other burning program

springbok

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 02:46:18 PM »
Thanks infoseeker, I did nearly do that as the burner is pretty new.
But then I found I could burn fine with "Sonic Record Now".  In fact it's easier to use than Nero so I'll stick with it!

Funny thing is I had that prog all along and didn't know!!

Thanks for your suggestion though, it's much appreciated.  [smiley=smiley.gif]