Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ...cuts out?!!!  (Read 7896 times)

middlemanfortecsup

...cuts out?!!!
« on: May 23, 2006, 06:10:16 PM »
i will be working on my friends computer and all of a sudden it cuts out... not off just out. the fans and the light on the motherboard will still be on but i cant do anything or see anything. the only way to restart it is to unplugg it from the wall and plug it back in. its a HP Pavilion 750n, anything i can do about this.

GX1_Man

Re: ...cuts out?!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 06:17:08 PM »
Usual info needed - What model? How old? What happened prior to this?, etc., etc

I'm all guessed out for the day.  ::)

middlemanfortecsup

...cuts out?!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 06:51:25 PM »
well the hard drive failed (it was a cheap one) and we had to replace it. i used a western digital hd and it works fine, i put windows 2000 pro on it, and i was in the process of doing the drivers when it cut out and i got confused. well in the BIOS the hardware monitor showed the current temp of the processor and it went from 124-195*F and when i tried to start windows it cut out again. if i let it cool it will start windows but if i try to do anything it cuts out again. if you need anything else tell me...

GX1_Man

Re: ...cuts out?!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 04:25:09 AM »
That is too hot for a processor. If it is an AMD high temp can kill them, if an Intel they usually shut down.

Time for some thermal paste, a new CPU fan, and finger crossing.