Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook 2003 - Not getting email  (Read 6908 times)

Heineken77

Outlook 2003 - Not getting email
« on: May 27, 2006, 08:16:09 PM »
Hi everyone,  I'm having a wierd issue with Outlook.  My version is Outlook 2003 sp2.

For some reason, I have not been receiving mails for a very long time.  (probably a month)...when I do a send/receive, the program checks for emails, and the process completes saying there are no new mail messages.

However, I have sent myself numerous emails, and have also been told by all of my friends and family that they have sent emails to me, yet I am not receving any.  The program doesn't send emails to junk, nor does it act as it's scanning the msges to check for viruses on the mail server, it just acts as it checks for mail, and there are none on the server.  

No error messages show up either.  And finally, when I log onto winXP, the beginning screen where it asks for which user I want to use and password before logging onto my desktop, shows that I have 70+ unread mail msgs.  ((Not sure if it's referring to Outlook or not...because Outlook has 0 unread messages))

This is very wierd.  Anyone know how to fix this?   This is what I use to check business emails as well, yet nothing has come in a very long time lol :(  Before I use to get spam DAILY!!  Now I want my spam back lol

Thank you!

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Outlook 2003 - Not getting email
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 09:43:19 AM »
Can you access your email messages via a web browser to verify that those test messages you sent to yourself, and other email you think you should have received, are out there on the mail server waiting to be downloaded?  

Many ISP's provide a webmail method of viewing your email, even if you use POP mail and normally download your mail to your computer.  You might have this option but simply were unaware of it.   I use my current ISP, Earthlink, and used Outlook Express for my email for many months before I realized I could also access my email via web browser.  I also learned that Earthlink has a spamBlocker feature which I have found quite advantageous in controlling spam.

Have tried testing your email connection in Outlook?  If you go to Tools, E-mail Accounts, View or change existing e-mail accounts, select the account, then click on Change, you'll see a button for Test Account Settings.  That's the test I'm talking about.

Alternatively, you might try setting up your email account in Outlook Express as a way of testing your email account settings.  In other words, see if you can retrieve email with it.