Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: tell me if im right?  (Read 2228 times)

samuraiReign

tell me if im right?
« on: June 01, 2006, 12:12:06 PM »
OK so my other computer the other day the power button got stuck and we managed to get it unstuck. but now when we try to start it up like it will get to the windows loading screen and shut off like if the power was pulled..but i think the problem is with the button because it doesnt always shut off at the loading screen. but my dad is disagreeing with me, he says its a virus, but it only started happening when the button got stuck. if i am right would buying a new case fix the problem?[size=14][/size]
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 12:51:43 PM by samuraiReign »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: tell me if im right?
    « Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 01:25:05 PM »
     samuraiReign.....  So ....ya....like have you like checked to see if like the on /off button is like no good ? .......LOL
    Does that pc have a current working up to date anti virus program ?  If it has , then it is unlikely that it is infected ....but you never know .
    There is a good possibility that the button is defective ........ but it seems to me that a replacement button is a whole lot less than an new case .......... Have you checked the button with a continuity tester ( ohmeter ) ?

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 01:26:28 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

samuraiReign

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 02:17:05 PM »
    i was playin with the button earlier and im pretty sure the internal part of the button is messed up everything else seems to be fine

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 04:01:29 PM »
    Sounds like button time, then. Do you have the skills to fix this?  
    « Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 07:22:29 PM by GX1_Man »

samuraiReign

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 06:48:09 PM »
    hah skills  ;D nope

Michael

Adviser
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 10:09:19 AM »
      The button (switch in fact) comes together with the casing.
      Pretty hard to get the switch alone, unless you get one from disposed casing.
      Anyway I do have one if you need.

samuraiReign

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 12:23:18 PM »
      theres a discound computer parts store a few blocks from me i can probably just get a cheap case thats probably in better condition than mine  ;D

thanks all

homer

Expert
        « Reply #7 on: June 03, 2006, 02:06:11 AM »
        if u have an ohmmeter u can simply test the button, but if u want to buy a new case go for it. i recommend the ones with the LED's everywhere, they look sweet at night  ;D.