Software > Computer viruses and spyware

8 viruses found, unable to delete.  

<< < (15/15)

dl65:
DAVE9999

ALCMTR.EXE  ....... is spyware and thats why it is singled out for removal......
Your sound is on board I think ...so if you reinstall the drivers for the onboard sound , it should be ok ........  what it does is harvest info about your system and send it back to Realtek.....
    "Description: Realtek AC97 Audio - Event Monitor. "Spyware" file used surreptitiously monitor one's actions. It is not a sinister one, like remote control programs, but it is being used by Realtek to gather data about customers"

Hope this explains .

dl65  ::)

DAVE9999:
Hello dl65,

I would imagine realtek has made the software so that if part of it's software program for its realtec audio chip is took away from, then there is no sound.
Which is what has happened.
There is no sound,

When you say about reinstalling the drivers, would that mean deleting it first from Add/remove and then going to control panel,, sounds and audio devices,,,Hardware,,,realteck high definition audio,,properties,,,driver,,update driver,,,welcome to the hardware wizard.

I've tried the latter, (Not deleting the drivers first) and it says I have the best drivers fitted already.
I can't  reinstall the drivers.  Ive no idea where they are. and how to reinstall them.

Can you help us out reinstalling the drivers.  If that is all that is needed to get the sound back automaticaly..
Thanks.

dl65:
DAVE9999  ...... check the device manager and look at each item in the sound part see if you see any yellow exclamation marks .  

The other thing you can do is ..... click start /run ...... in the run box type dxdiag ........press enter ...... now click the sound 1 tab and run the tests...if anything fails it will tell you what to do...... then click sound 2 tab and run the test there as well.

dl65  ::)

infoseeker:
DAVE9999
try this link
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

using IE double click line # 6 then follow the instruction (click ok/yes)
if it will not work
double click on line # 316 then follow the instruction (click ok/yes)
if it still not
double click on line # 371 then follow the instruction (click ok/yes)

let us know what happen

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version