Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 8 viruses found, unable to delete.    (Read 43737 times)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: 8 viruses found, unable to delete.  
    « Reply #60 on: June 09, 2006, 04:07:59 PM »
    DAVE9999....Well the 2 files I was refering to are just questionable .........thats all.
    Now that those nasties have been enprisened in the "Avenger" zip file.
        why dont you delete the quarantined files ?

Now as far as the files on D: drive ....... If in fact some of them are corrupted or infected  , then whats the point of having them on your machine ...... the contents of that drive is useless . I would wipe D: clean . ........  the fact that there are infected files on that drive are a potential threat .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Dead_reckon

« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2006, 04:15:35 PM »
    DAVE9999....Well the 2 files I was refering to are just questionable .........thats all.
    Now that those nasties have been enprisened in the "Avenger" zip file.
        why dont you delete the quarantined files ?

Now as far as the files on D: drive ....... If in fact some of them are corrupted or infected  , then whats the point of having them on your machine ...... the contents of that drive is useless . I would wipe D: clean . ........  the fact that there are infected files on that drive are a potential threat .

i agree, the corrupted files can damage C:, which would make this relatively small problem a headache to fix

DAVE9999

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2006, 04:31:31 PM »
    Dl65, I suppose I could contact them,  mind you if Gatesy brings out a new Windows program soon. I may well end up buying that.
    They may well have sorted out WMP by then as well, Many people have the same problem with WMP when they changed up to the none deletable  version 10.

Looks like we have done as much as we can on it then,  I never knew about the "Preload files" and all that being on the D:\ drive.  
    Theres been quite a lot of stuff I have learnt over the last few days about software, systems, viruses and that.
    Sometimes though due to laziness on my part, "Not getting it all recorded down on disk" from brand new.
    to perhaps not running enough virus scans, we can come a cropper.

I'll delete those 3 particular files then with Avast.
    How is the best way of deleting the virus  files in the avenger program.
    C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/cs_mary.exe/Realtime.dll  Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Delf.fk  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/cs_mary.exe  Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Delf.fk  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/setup_ares.exe/data0037  Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NavExcel.i  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/setup_ares.exe  Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NavExcel.i  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/WarezP2P_DLC.exe/stream/data0035  Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/WarezP2P_DLC.exe/stream  Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/WarezP2P_DLC.exe  Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip  ZIP: infected - 7  skipped  

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2006, 04:40:57 PM »
      DAVE9999      

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/[highlight]cs_mary.exe/Realtime.dll  Infected[/highlight]: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Delf.fk  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/[highlight]cs_mary.exe  Infected[/highlight]: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Delf.fk  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/[highlight]setup_ares.exe/data0037  Infected[/highlight]: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NavExcel.i  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/[highlight]setup_ares.exe  Infected[/highlight]: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NavExcel.i  skipped  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/[highlight]WarezP2P_DLC.exe/stream/data0035  Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet  skipped   [/highlight]

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/[highlight]WarezP2P_DLC.exe/stream  Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet  skipped   [/highlight]  

C:\avenger\backup.zip/avenger/[highlight]WarezP2P_DLC.exe  Infected: not-a-virus:AdWare.Win32.NewDotNet  skipped   [/highlight]

navigate to to folder high lited in yellow and delete it .....
      When you finished deleting them , run your AV again for peace of mind.

You mention you cant delete wmp 10 ?????  why not ......... in add/remove programs , wait until the list is published and then over on the left side click on add/remove windows components ...... when the list appears go to wmp 10 and delete it ......

BTW .... NEWDOTNET is bad news .

« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 04:45:04 PM by dl65 »

DAVE9999

« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2006, 04:55:52 PM »
      dl65,, Is it safe to open that zip file to get at them,  I would have to extract the file to somewhere using Windows explorer?.  
      Using the delete funtion from , Windows explorer, file, delete.  And that would do it.
      And its safe?.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2006, 04:57:46 PM »
        DAVE9999 ....dont unzip the file just delete the zipped file

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2006, 05:05:24 PM »
          Hey Mark .....Dave has infected and corrupt files in his D: restore partition ....and has no cds. Any thoughts ?

Buying a CD and reinstalling would solve this whole problem.   ;)
          « Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 05:52:16 AM by GX1_Man »

DAVE9999

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2006, 05:43:37 PM »
          Dl65,
          Great, done that with some "terminating" deleting program onboard.
          Ran find and they are gone.

I would sooner run another onboard Anti virus program to check if those files are corrupt, a second oppinion,
          Not every AV pick up every viruses and some might pick up a wrong bit of data.
          Do they still have that "Disc repair" funtion with Windows Running it for ages as it fixes any errors in that segmont??  I'll have a look.  Maybe some freeware scan disc type program might help I'll check it out.

I'll delete and reload WMP and see if I can get it to stream off a web page with WMP stream videos.

Mayby all the improvements over the last few days has fixed it.

Youv'e been a great help over the last few days.

I thought you would have given up on me ages back, I got into a muddle when you asked me did I have Awido installed, then to run my anti virus program.  Like a clot I thought you ment the Ewido!!

Things like that, I guess you pick up Patience, and some degree of understanding from all your experiences at what you do.
          A lot of people like myself have some knowlege of the workings of things and then a compleat blank in other areas.  We all just bumble allong, not having any school training like they do nowerdays, doing the best we can.
          I'll mosey on off then, and all those people and their virus's and other ills will present themselves to you as they continue to do.

THANKS for all the info and computor knowledge youv'e imparted.
          I've learnt quite a lot and I intend to put it to good use.
          Good luck. And thanks again.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2006, 06:54:42 PM »
            DAVE9999 .... I'm glad we able to of some help for you........
            We all just bumble allong, not having any school training like they do nowerdays, doing the best we can.
              You don't have to have attended classes to learn ...... lol ......  It never ceases to amaze me just how much we learn in our bumbling along ........
            Please come back again anytime .

Cheers

DAVE9999

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2006, 02:40:06 PM »
            Hello dl65,

I'm glad you said "Please come back again anytime".
            Cause following on from
            8 viruses found, unable to delete.  Topic.
              Reply #26 - Jun 6th, 2006, 10:58pm
            Mark for removal
            O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE .

I have since found out,   having no sound,    that ALCMTR.EXE is part of
            my Realtek audio files.

The emachines 5250 Computor I have has a Realtek Audio chip.
            It looks like ALMCMTR.EXE was part of the process in delivering sound to the headphones.

The web page at   http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/intel-hdaudio/intel-hdaudio.html
            Shows the Realtek sound manager, The very first diagram of the Realtek sound manager (coloured in shades of blue) just under heading of "Control panel".  (Slightly scrolling down)
            The very first one with all the eq slider knobs and that.
            Clicking on it gives a much bigger picture.  at http://www.ixbt.com/multimedia/intel/hdaudio/shot2.png
            I have found the only way to activate my sound is to go to "Control Panel", click on "Sound effects manager" and when it openes click on the 6th button on the top of that picture.  the one called  "Audio Wizard".  then this picture appears
            http://www.ixbt.com/multimedia/intel/hdaudio/shot3.png  
            And the sound can be heard.  It is then activated.

Isn't that a strange thing!.  by pressing that button, "Audio Wizard" the sound is then activated.
            A total fluke that I found that!.

Alcmtr.exe  is described as "Realtek Azalia Audio - Event Monitor"    and is currently located at C:\Program Files\Realtek\InstallShield  allong with 12 other files.

The Realtec Sound Manager used to load up at start up,  in the little task bar thing next to the clock at bottom right of screen.

I think somehow entering O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE  into HJT has disabled it from running.  And has turned off the sound until the procedure, (by chance found) above is gone through.

I dont know where to turn.  
            Ideally, I'd like the Realtec control manager to "Come on " at start up like it did.
            And all the sound to work from start without going through the above.

I of course haven't a clue how to bring this about.
            Maybe if the ALCMTR.EXE  is put back into O4 - HKLM\..\Run: the whole sound thing will automaticly work again.

It "sounds" a bit of a sod to fix,

In the list of drivers for the realtek driver in control panel "sounds and audio devices"
            there is
            C:\WINDOWS\ALCMTR.EXE
            C:\WINDOWS\ALCWZRD.EXE
            C:\WINDOWS\RTLCPL.EXE
            C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
            and 11 others.

The top one being the one that HJT got its hands on.
            ALCMTR.EXE is still in the C:\WINDOWS location it hasn't been deleted.

Any ideas on how to fix it please,
            I'm a bit buggered up with it.  Isn't it a strang thing.
                    Many thanks.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2006, 03:04:12 PM »
              DAVE9999

ALCMTR.EXE  ....... is spyware and thats why it is singled out for removal......
              Your sound is on board I think ...so if you reinstall the drivers for the onboard sound , it should be ok ........  what it does is harvest info about your system and send it back to Realtek.....
                  "Description: Realtek AC97 Audio - Event Monitor. "Spyware" file used surreptitiously monitor one's actions. It is not a sinister one, like remote control programs, but it is being used by Realtek to gather data about customers"

Hope this explains .

« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 03:04:54 PM by dl65 »

DAVE9999

« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2006, 03:44:39 PM »
              Hello dl65,

I would imagine realtek has made the software so that if part of it's software program for its realtec audio chip is took away from, then there is no sound.
              Which is what has happened.
              There is no sound,

When you say about reinstalling the drivers, would that mean deleting it first from Add/remove and then going to control panel,, sounds and audio devices,,,Hardware,,,realteck high definition audio,,properties,,,driver,,update driver,,,welcome to the hardware wizard.

I've tried the latter, (Not deleting the drivers first) and it says I have the best drivers fitted already.
              I can't  reinstall the drivers.  Ive no idea where they are. and how to reinstall them.

Can you help us out reinstalling the drivers.  If that is all that is needed to get the sound back automaticaly..
              Thanks.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2006, 08:14:57 PM »
                DAVE9999  ...... check the device manager and look at each item in the sound part see if you see any yellow exclamation marks .  

The other thing you can do is ..... click start /run ...... in the run box type dxdiag ........press enter ...... now click the sound 1 tab and run the tests...if anything fails it will tell you what to do...... then click sound 2 tab and run the test there as well.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 08:19:07 PM by dl65 »

infoseeker

« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2006, 10:50:28 PM »
                DAVE9999
                try this link
                http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

using IE double click line # 6 then follow the instruction (click ok/yes)
                if it will not work
                double click on line # 316 then follow the instruction (click ok/yes)
                if it still not
                double click on line # 371 then follow the instruction (click ok/yes)

let us know what happen