Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: mac help! i accidently dumped fonts to the desktop  (Read 7192 times)

rosiepage

mac help! i accidently dumped fonts to the desktop
« on: June 12, 2006, 11:28:37 AM »
HELP!
i accidently dumped 2000+ fonts onto my desktop and know i can't delete them. i've tried selecting them and hitting apple/delete and their still there. i've force quit the finder and it relaunches with all the fonts still there. the computer is not frozen...the clock is still running. i dont know what to do.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: mac help! i accidently dumped fonts to the des
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 11:56:26 AM »
Is this a Mac computer? Can you use System Restore? If this is a Mac computer, it probably won't have that feature.

Flame

rosiepage

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:15:07 PM »
it is a mac osX.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 07:44:34 PM »
Move them to another folder on your Hard Drive.

(BTW: really, the problem is with the mac itsself. Just move it if you dont want to see the files. Or you could boot with a system disk by putting it into the CD drive and restarting while pushing the key "C" and then you should be able to move, delete, and whatever you want. But deleteing them might be a bad idea)

rosiepage

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 08:34:51 AM »
no thanks to this forum...here is the solution to my problem.
shut off the computer > restart > log in under different user account > open system preferences > delete user account with fonts on desktop > pop up menu asked if you would like to immediately delete all files > click no > files will be deleted to the deleted users folder > create new user account (you can use the same user name and password) > sign off from current user and sign in as just created user account > open hard drive > select users > select deleted users > select deleted account (files will show up in the window) from there you can retrieve any files you did not wish to be deleted immediately, once your finished delete the entire old user account. and tada! no more fonts on the desktop and you managed to save your files. 8-)

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
    • Yes
    • Technology News and Information
  • Computer: Specs
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 03:55:49 PM »
Welll, there are more forums. No one here is really "crazy" about Macs.
Sorry we couldent help much.

If I can find it, I will add the address to a great Mac forum.