Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: norton GO back error  (Read 6403 times)

woahthere

norton GO back error
« on: June 23, 2006, 01:13:42 PM »
okay so i turn on my comp and it shows the black screen with white text, then the norton go-back screen, the counter goes down, then it says.
GoBack Internal Error
Failure code: gb_ui_support(1147)
press any key to reboot.
i cart get it past that screen so i carnt boot windows.
Any ideas with what the error code means and how to fix it?

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

• Because beige is beautiful !!!
    Re: norton GO back error
    « Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 02:46:03 PM »
    Can you boot in safe mode? Do you have a real Windows CD to reinstall if you need to? Has GoBack ever had problems before?
    Please post as much information about your computer, operating system, and problem as possible, what happened prior to problems, etc. Too much info is OK, too little is pointless! Don't just say "My computer doesn't work. What's wrong?"

woahthere

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 03:08:03 PM »
    no i carnt boot in safe mode, iv got an original windows 2000 disk but it dont boot it just goes to the goback screen, it happened as soon as i install goback.

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 03:31:19 PM »
      Can you make sure that CDROM is set first in boot order in the BIOS?
      Please post as much information about your computer, operating system, and problem as possible, what happened prior to problems, etc. Too much info is OK, too little is pointless! Don't just say "My computer doesn't work. What's wrong?"

woahthere

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 03:33:07 PM »
      floppy's first then CD drive then harddrive

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 03:50:06 PM »
        And when you boot with the real Windows CD in there you do not see "Press any key to boot from CD"?

woahthere

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 04:07:45 PM »
        the comp just acts like theres no disk in the drive, i tryed booting up with out my hdd connected and the go back screen still shows up:s?

woahthere

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 04:14:11 PM »
        sorry i got that wrong my slave drive was still connected

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 07:42:06 PM »
          What are the specifics on this machine?

Have a read here:

http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1102712724

http://www.mojocode.com/0009.html

http://forums.windrivers.com/showthread.php?t=74821

This looks like the top contender for "Dont Put This Software On Your Computer"award.  :o :o :o :o

woahthere

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 08:29:32 PM »
          thanks for the links.
          my comps specs:
          intel P4 ht
          FIC P4M-915G/PDI mother board
          2x 512 ram
          2x 200gb SATA hdd
          anything else you need to know?

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 08:54:16 PM »
            Read those links on how to remove this worthless software immediately!

woahthere

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2006, 06:32:55 AM »
            so i go into recovery consol, but it asks for a administrator pass word, but iv never set one, is there away to change it or turn it off?

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2006, 07:22:06 AM »
              Are you the Administrator and only user of this computer? If so, it was set to something when Windows was loaded. You can try to leave the space blank, but I suspect there IS a password. Did you buy it new or load XP on an existing PC?

woahthere

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2006, 05:53:36 PM »
              okay i got into recovey console, did the FIXMBR command the rebooted, now when i turn on my comp it says error loading operating system:(

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2006, 06:00:09 PM »
                Is there valuable data on that drive? You might be able to get by with a repair install from that same bootable XP CD. Try that option. If no-go, we will try something else.

If it were me, I would get the data off and then format that drive and reinstall XP without Go Back.