Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: please help me  (Read 3858 times)

Gil Cain

please help me
« on: March 27, 2004, 10:15:21 PM »
ok first of all i would like to say i have alot of knowlege in the department of harware for a computer but not in software. ok i had a game installed and i went and got the upgrade for the game but then found out the upgrade sucked and i wanted to get rid of it so i found out how to get rid of it by uninstalling the game and afterwards deleting the folder from the hard drive well in doing so i deleted the folder first and now i cant uninstall the game so i went to add/or remove programs and when i went there to remove it it said it had already been removed and then just deleted the program so i was like cool its gone but when i popped in the cd to install it still says uninstall so i click it and nothing happens (and i have waited for it to go for like an hour) so now basically the cd is saying i can uninstall but cant there is no sign of the game on my system and i cant get it to work well i hope someone can help me
                                          Thank You
                                                   Gil

Pete

Rookie
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: please help me
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 01:32:40 PM »
    Just a thought but have you tried installing it, then uninstalling it.  Restart, run full scandisk, defrag and then install whichever part of the game you want.

I hope this helps
    Regards
    Pete