Microsoft > Windows NT/2000

win2k pro and connecting to another computer

(1/2) > >>

jgraftjr:
Hello
I'm having a problem connecting to my friends computer via tcp/ip. We play madden 2004 on line, I havent had this problem untill I installed windows 2000 pro. I can play other games over the net using gamespy or the game locating engines packaged with the games. I tried pinging his computer, using the ping command in the dos block but it did not see his computer. If i remember correctly I had to turn off a firewall in xp to play this game with him but I don't know what to do in win2k.
hope you can help.

merlin_2:
have you installed the software to play madden? on line say for instance msn gaming zone use you  need the software to play games?

jgraftjr:
yes i have my own original copy of the game and installed it on my computer

merlin_2:
sorry to mislead you but i meant the software for the site you use to play this game ?so you can join this game...like this >http://www.gamezone.com/ongaming/p21821.htm

jgraftjr:
I think that it is me that mis lead you. The game I'm having a problem with, I directly connect to my friends computer, he gives me his ip address and thats how I connect, this is where the problem lies. I used windows xp before and had no trouble connecting to his computer but now I had upgraded to windows 2000 pro I can,t ping his computer to join the game. I do use gamespy and other programs to play other games and have no problem in doing so it is just when I try to connect to my friends computer through his ip address.
thanks for your help and your time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version