Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 2000 or later  (Read 4370 times)

debbiekayekaroqe

Windows 2000 or later
« on: July 04, 2006, 03:23:45 PM »
Hi everyone

Not sure if anyone can help... I am a Windows 98 SE user... have always liked this package, never had any problems with it.  However, have just got a new mobile phone and I need to download the software so I can transfer stuff from my old phone via computer to my new phone (the new phone has got jack shi....) on it!!!  However, it won't let me download, says my operating system won't support new software.  Seems like I have to upgrade to Windows 2000 or later version.  

Don't know anything about buying and installing software.  Where is the best place to buy, exactly what am I looking for, ie what is it called.  Typed Windows 2000 in search engine and just so bloody confused by all the terminology and all the software available.  I am a home user and obviously want to spend as little as possible.  Any advice would be welcome.

cheers
dkk

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Windows 2000 or later
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 03:42:00 PM »
Tell us about your hardware specs.  Let's get an idea of whether your computer will run Win 2K or Win XP with reasonably good performance.