Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Outlook template behind voting button  (Read 4130 times)

jistan

Outlook template behind voting button
« on: July 06, 2006, 06:44:42 AM »
Hi all,

Ok my problem is that I have a template that I am to send to a user with voting buttons on it. I then want the user to click a voting button and fill out details on this template. The problem comes on the reply from the user, it returns a blank email so the original template is not shown and the user can not enter details on the template.

Does anybody know of a way in which you can make outlook import the message body(my template) from the original message into the message body of the voting response? I don't mind messing with code, I have a bit of experience with VBA in word and Excel.

Many thanks,

Jamie

jistan

Re: Outlook template behind voting button
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 07:28:45 AM »
Ok folks it appears i posted a bit early on here, I have managed to resolve this myself. I found an article that was similar to my problem on another forum and luckily their solution can be adapted for my needs. The article was http://help.lockergnome.com/office/Outlook-msg-voting-buttons-Wdocument-updated-retu-ftopict707186.html.

Cheers,

Jay

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 03:19:24 PM »
Good for you and thanks for posting back.  ;)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 04:12:00 AM »
Of course this is only useful where you can guarantee that the other user is using Outlook.

If you want to use this kind of functionality within a business context incidentally, you might find that Microsoft's Infopath is right up your street.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos