Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Setting up VPN  (Read 14749 times)

panboy

Adviser

• Its all just a twisted game of cat and mouse
    Re: Setting up VPN
    « Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 02:46:11 AM »
    Its a New day , I'm going to Have a look at to see if i can get info on that Router,

I done a Cisco Course and There For i know Everything about the Subject(This is a Gross Exaggeration).
    An i know more that many Tech support Staff

Unloved , We Are Tech Support, thats what this site is ^.^
    Wields The Mighty Hammer of Computer Justice

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 03:59:59 AM »
      ... ok I'm looking at the Configurations manual now, This is not a basic Cisco Router , its A Voip Gateway. Do you use this for all the Phone System's in the Office?..

It also looks like you might need the Software for this in order to do any configuration. i think i found the Software on the Cisco site, ill post a line in a mo

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps887/tsd_products_support_series_home.html

I cant Get to the Software because I'm not a Register User but you might have a disk around some ware...

Any way ill Read trough the manual and see if you might be able to telnet in.

Ok you Can Use Telnet , unless the Bright Spark who set it up disabled it for Security , (It may be more Secure , but it makes things a *censored* of a lot more Awkward).

I beginning to wonder if i should Really get into this, it can Get Pretty Messy...

Do you guys have an IT guy? you could Really Break your Network and have no idea of how to fix it if you get your Hands too Dirty

« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 04:21:38 AM by panboy »

Fletch

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 09:04:19 AM »
      I know what you mean.  I don't want to get in over my head here.  I really didn't expect it to get so complicated.  I figured IP's and permissions and there you go.  If it was my own system I would say no problem, but being that it is essential to our office productivity I think it's best not to go to far.    We've called in a tech guy to help us sort it out next week.  In the mean time I'm going to try and get ahold of that software.  Turns out the guy who worked here before and had access from home was doing it through the Linksys router, before we added the Cisco router to our system when we upgraded to T1.  Linksys I gather is considerably easier to configure.
      « Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 09:06:18 AM by Fletch »

panboy

Adviser

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 09:14:08 AM »
        Ok that seems like a Good choice for now, Cisco Routers are made in a way that make them hard to use so that people who don't understand the basics cant even get in.

Its both a smart idea and a stupid one at the same time. but you can say the same as Microsoft