Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dual Monitors  (Read 2274 times)

Buzzyonthelake

Dual Monitors
« on: July 10, 2006, 12:23:42 PM »
I got a new computer  and run two monitors from a Nvidia double port video card.  Card has worked well on a previous computer.  Newer computer has 'big time' processor speed and memory.  However I can't put up more than one page/site at a time.  With one up, any desktop icon I click to put something else up on the second screen,  just knocks the first one off.  If I minimize the first screen to the Task Bar,  and click a second site,  it just replaces it in the Task Bar.  I did not have this problem before, so I'm hoping its something I need to tweak on the new computer.  Any thoughts ?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Dual Monitors
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:07:24 PM »
I would check the video settings in Control Panel...did you re-install the vid card drivers in the new machine ? ?

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Buzzyonthelake

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 01:44:17 PM »
No.  Of course not.  That would have been the right thing to do.   And I don't think I have the CD.  Have moved twice,  and things get lost.  Now what ?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 03:20:32 PM »
Contact the manufacturer and or visit their website and dload the correct drivers for that vid card.
You will need the exact model # off of the card as there have been a gazillion vid cards produced ...using the wrong drivers can result in no video at alll which come to think of it i'm suprised that's not what you have right now.

Good Luck.

patio.  8-)

Buzzyonthelake

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 05:48:15 PM »
Got someone smarter than me (they're a few) to DL the drivers.  All is well.  THX. B.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 12:04:04 PM »
Excellent ! And thanx for letting us know how it went...

patio.   8-)