Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is it the Monitor?....the Video Card?  (Read 2460 times)

nuttydog07

Is it the Monitor?....the Video Card?
« on: July 11, 2006, 07:38:46 AM »
I have recently gotten a new monitor for my computer. Previously, all the games i used would work. However, now when i start the games up the monitor goes black and says no input. However, i can still hear the game music and sfx coming out of the speakers. The monitor i have now is a princeton monitor and the video card is ATI Radeon9000, i seriously doubt its the video card. Any suggestions as to what i can do to fix this monitor problem?

GX1_Man

Re: Is it the Monitor?....the Video Card?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 07:46:59 AM »
First, make sure your resolution is set to at least 1024 x 768 with the previous monitor if that is an LCD, If no joy or this is not an LCD, try the new monitor on another computer. If it doesn't work, then you should have it replaced.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 07:51:01 AM »
The monitor cannot cope with the resolution/frequency it is being sent.  Change the configuration of the resolution for the game(s) in question.
Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos

nuttydog07

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 07:57:30 AM »
No Dice. The monitor reads No Input. It's not the card. I have tried changing the res. of the game. How do i change the frequency. I think it has to do with the monitor just not recieving the video.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 08:46:20 AM »
The instructions vary with the game.  Your games may not have a frequency control, but must have a resolution control.  Take it down to 800x600.  If that works, gradually increase from there.  If it doesn't work, go down to 640x480.

GX1_Man

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 12:25:12 PM »
Please see reply #1.   ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
    • Me
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 01:24:31 PM »
Why do you think that will help, G?  Windows is evidentally working fine; games aren't.  So it's probably a DirectX mode called by the game according to the game's setup that is causing the monitor to lose sync...?

GX1_Man

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 05:11:14 PM »
My bad. Let me clarigy. The machine works totally normally with the new monitor on everything except games? All games? What games? You have all the updates from the manufacturer's sites involved?

We'll await further input.