Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: COMPUTER ILLITERATE help :(  (Read 7809 times)

Alligator_69

COMPUTER ILLITERATE help :(
« on: September 06, 2004, 01:41:01 AM »
Hi im new to the forums but i need help  :'(

Ok heres what happened i got xp pro and i put it on ma pc and my sound stopped working so i put win 98 back on and it worked again but my internet doesnt seem to work wen i had 98 on there so i put xp back on and went without sound for awhile and now its getting on ma nerves i cant listen to music or nething :(
then my friend said if u uninstall it uses the windows default sound driver or sumfin so i did that but it doesnt work and i do not no why...

so now im gonna search for a sound driver to download but i have no clue where to look plus i dont have the cd so i look where the sound plugs go into in the inside of the pc but i didnt see nething so is there neway that i can find out what type of sound card i got on the compouter or where do i look in the pc can sum1 helkp me?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: COMPUTER ILLITERATE help :(
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 02:19:57 AM »
    Alligator_69........well lets see......when you followed your friends instructions exactly what did you do .......when you uninstalled the sound card ..........and rebooted ,then went to control panel and clicked on add hardware.......the wizard should have started and then you tell it you have already installed the hardware and a list will be displayed ...and your sound card will be there. Write down the name .....or do this click start/control panel/system/click the hardware tab /device manager /then go down to Sound ,video and game controllers and click on the + sign in front and your sound card should be displayed.    Once you have the name and model of the sound card go to ...........
    driverguide.com and find that card and D/L the latest driver for that card for win xp ......that should do it.
    let us know how you fare .
    dl65  ???
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Alligator_69

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 02:25:45 AM »
    cm18738 does that mean ne thing ? cuz thts wht it was before i uninstalled it?? is that the driver?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 02:35:41 AM »
      Alligator_69.....Your sound card is made by CMS and the model is CM18738 .........so go to
      http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/41/41540.htm   ...........and it will tell you where to get it .

Hope this helps

dl65  ???
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Alligator_69

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 02:42:22 AM »
      ok thanks il tell u if i get it wokrin THANX!