Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer can't start?  (Read 4050 times)

John Banta

Computer can't start?
« on: March 30, 2004, 07:12:15 AM »
 :'(   I recently got a new computer and put it together. Whenenver boot it up, i get no picture on the screen. What could be wrong?

robertmillar

Re: Computer can't start?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 10:22:56 AM »
Check that all cards are seated correctly on the Motherboard.

John Banta

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 05:45:44 PM »
I made sure everything was in securly. Is there perhaps something I am not pluging into the motherboard? More suggestions please

merlin

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 12:48:40 PM »
has this mobo got onboard graphics or does it need a graphics card is the monitor picked up buy the pc is the brightener up/contrast  is it plug in /turned on what beeps do you get try entering the bios del keys and go for setup defaults option suggestions..hth

MetalMilitia

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 01:35:56 PM »
When you press the power button exactly what happens? Does it beep normally (1 beep) or does it give a beep code (e.g. 1 long two 2 short beeps)?
If you are getting a code consult the motherboard manual or manufacturers website to find out what it means. Or look at the CH guide here > http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

If it is booting normally but you are not getting a picture, try taking out the Graphics card and using onboard video (if you motherboard has it) if you have no onboard, try a graphics card from a different machine.