Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

Should Dead_Reckon Be a Moderator?

Absolutely Yes!
2 (12.5%)
Maybe
3 (18.8%)
Absolutely Not!
11 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Would Dead_Reckon Be A Good Moderator?  (Read 4787 times)

GX1_Man

Would Dead_Reckon Be A Good Moderator?
« on: July 17, 2006, 07:16:52 PM »
Dead_Reckon thinks he would be a good moderator. Without going into the why or why not, just  place your vote.

homer

Expert
    Re: Would Dead_Reckon Be A Good Moderator?
    « Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 10:32:41 PM »
    i do beleive that if dead_reckon wanted a poll about himself, he himself would have made it. this poll seems sort of rash.

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
      • Technology News and Information
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 12:20:50 AM »
    Dead_Reckon may not have the highest post count, but when he can help, he does.
    (same as myself)
    Dead_Reckon is around often.
    I don't think he (or myself for that matter) would ever abuse their moderator powers.

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 04:04:41 AM »
    i do beleive that if dead_reckon wanted a poll about himself, he himself would have made it. this poll seems sort of rash.

Well he had already expressed interest.

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1152995372

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 04:05:55 AM by GX1_Man »

tucker42

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2006, 06:06:08 AM »
    He needs a lot of maturity and experience. Being 15 and thinking you know a lot does not mean that you know enough. Almost 500 posts and very little substance in any.

R0SS

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 06:06:44 AM »
    What about R0SS? ;D

R0SS

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
      • Yes
    « Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 04:16:27 PM »
    He needs a lot of maturity and experience. Being 15 and thinking you know a lot does not mean that you know enough. Almost 500 posts and very little substance in any.
    Age doesn't determine maturity.
    I know that Dead_Reckon doesn't know as much as some others here, but he does have his fair share of knowledge.
    And whats this about "Very little substance in any"? Yes, the posts that dead_reckon makes are useful.

hatw ouy ustj iewedv amec uto fo het outhm fo omeones hatt asenth adem nya eallyr sefull ostsp nda ash adem imselfh na nemye ot Dead_Reckon.

homer

Expert
      « Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 05:14:46 PM »

Well he had already expressed interest.

http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1152995372

expressing intrest does not mean he wishes to see a poll made of himself and for everybody to talk of his pros and cons.

GX1_Man

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 05:19:25 PM »
      Well let's let him decide that. If he objects I can delete it. Nonetheless, he did express interest clearly in the link I posted. Did you read it?

I also did not ask for discussion, and clearly stated otherwise. It states:

Without going into the why or why not, just  place your vote.

homer

Expert
        « Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 05:28:23 PM »
        regardless of what your quote says, this thread IS open and people ARE going to express their "why or why not's".

which is why i posted my first reply in the first place. i just do not like to see fellow forum memebers be put under a microscope. we are here to help people, not to judge. the admin will promote whoever he sees fit.

GX1_Man

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 06:21:46 PM »
        I believe I already said that as well. Again, if they want it removed I am more than willing to oblige. The only one who is apparently offended is you. If it had applied to you at all certainly it would already be gone.

tucker42

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 06:31:41 PM »
        I know that Dead_Reckon doesn't know as much as some others here, but he does have his fair share of knowledge. And whats this about "Very little substance in any"? Yes, the posts that dead_reckon makes are useful.

Apart from the emotion you have regarding this look at the facts. Check the last 50
        http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?action=usersrecentposts;username=Dead_reckon
        How are these useful? I mean really? What information or computer help is being given? I'm sure he is a fine lad, and I like him a lot, but meaningful substance? No.
        « Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:34:43 PM by tucker42 »

Zylstra

• Hacker

• The Techinator!
          • Yes
        « Reply #12 on: July 18, 2006, 06:36:08 PM »
        I know that Dead_Reckon doesn't know as much as some others here, but he does have his fair share of knowledge. And whats this about "Very little substance in any"? Yes, the posts that dead_reckon makes are useful.

Apart from the emotion you have regarding this look at the facts. Check the last 50
        http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?action=usersrecentposts;username=Dead_reckon
        How are these useful? I mean really? What information or computer help is being given? I'm sure he is a fine lad, and I like him a lot, but meaningful substance? No.
        That may be, but look at it this way:
        All of those threads were open to comments like that. Were they not?

Why do you make it your life goal to complain about everyone that you don't like? Even when you don't know them...

homer

Expert
          « Reply #13 on: July 18, 2006, 06:41:45 PM »
          I believe I already said that as well. Again, if they want it removed I am more than willing to oblige. The only one who is apparently offended is you. If it had applied to you at all certainly it would already be gone.

i was just expressing my feelings on the matter. sorry if i caused any inconvenience.
          « Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 06:42:10 PM by homer »

GX1_Man

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2006, 06:46:21 PM »
          Feelings are allowed and we can have an honest disagreement.;)