Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: .DLL  (Read 3689 times)

noelin

.DLL
« on: July 20, 2006, 07:19:17 PM »
I working on my niece's computer.  Her computer crashed with systems.ini error last week.  I got the recovery disk to reinstall everything without reformatting the hard drive.  Everything is still on her hard drive.
Now she is experiancing .dll errors when she starts up.  She first got a oscres.dll error.  I reinstalled that oscress from a website. Now the computer is throwing a dunzip32.dll error on start up.     Where do I find a fix to this error?

Also she is getting shut downs on Internet Explorer with Kernal.dll errors.  
Is there any free applications or a free website that can help get rid of all these dll errors???

She is running Windows98.   The computer set back to Internet Explorer 5.0.  Can Windows 98 handle Internet 7.0 if downloaded? Is there a free place to download off of that?  
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 07:21:58 PM by noelin »

GX1_Man

Re: .DLL
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 07:47:30 PM »
Well there are several problems here. Unfortunately when you do a "dirty install" over the top like that, you seldom address that caused the prolem in the first place. That is why you are continuing to have difficulty. The best bet is to backup the data, format the drive and reinstall Windows. That gets rid of all of the problems, except bad hardware.

Some people resist this and can spend a lot of time trying to cobble together a FUBAR'ed installation that is never going to be right.

You can download Explorer 6, SP1 fom the Microsoft site and that is what you should do. Don't perplex your machine with 7. It's just not worth asking for more problems.

T-Chai

Re: .DLL
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 12:59:31 PM »
DLL FILES
OK if you have access to the internet you must download DLL files that is missing or corrupt.
With any corrupt DLL files you can replace them with the new one at the link above.
To fix the error that you have encounter you must find out where is the dll is corrupt at and you must replace it with a new one.
To find out where your DLL is place:
Read what the DLL errors say, sometime it shows the location.
Most popular place where you dll are place at is in the system folder.

If the DLL errors is not from a PC but from the other software product then:
Try reinstalling the software
Go to the company website and contact them about your problem

With DLL error that is not from the PC but from a software, you can not fix those by replace a new one because you wont be able to find them.

Ok hope this wil help