Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB?  (Read 1777 times)

zaligh

USB?
« on: July 23, 2006, 08:56:08 AM »
I know that Windows 95a does not support USB at all, but I was wondering... if the XP USB drivers are copied over, would there be a way to edit Windows 95 to read these?  Probably not and I feel stupid for asking, but if there would be some way, it would greatly help me. I had a problem with my laptop, booting it up with Windows 95 floppies because it doesn't have a CD drive.  Well, I finally got it up and running and now, unless I spend $60 on a CD drive, the only way I can transfer data is through the floppy but if I could get the USB to work, I could use my JumpDrive.  Thanks to anyone who responds.

zaligh

Re: USB?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 09:01:21 AM »
Actually, I have a second question. I have the Windows 98SE CD and even though I've searched through Google and things like that, everyone says it can't be broken down into floppies so I could install it on my laptop.  But I figured I'd ask here just for the *censored* of it.  Is there a way to break the Win98SE CDs down and how would it be done?  If there is, I don't even care how many floppies it would take, I just want it done.  I think that would be easier than trying to get Windows 95 to read USB.

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 09:11:50 AM »
If you have an external zip drive to use, you can just copy the CD files to the hard drive and load it from there. I have done this many times on older, limited equipment.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 09:24:44 AM »
Or another way...grab a 2.5"HDD to IDE adapter, put the laptop drive in a desktop machine, copy Win98SE to the laptop drive and as GX1 said install it from there...

patio.   8-)
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "